We look forward to meeting your child for their first dental appointment. According to the American Dental Association and the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry, the first dental visit should occur within six months after the child’s first tooth appears, but no later than the child’s first birthday.
Here’s what you can expect at your first visit:
- Meet your dentist and the team
- An exam and cleaning of your children’s teeth
- Discuss diet and what is good for preventative care and what to avoid
- Fluoride and the importance of it for your child
Helpful ideas for scheduling your appointment:
- Schedule a morning appointment when your children tend to be rested
- Stay positive with your child about their first visit
- Make it an enjoyable outing – each child that visits us for the first time will receive a new toothbrush!